and Business Practices
We at India Connector understand the culture and business practices and help you understand local culture and customs:
1. Business Culture: Indians are easy to work with but are accustomed to different work cultures. Before you deal with them, it’s good to have a basic idea about their traits.
2. Indians generally appear friendly but avoid over-questioning them during due diligence.
3. Foreign partners can expect ‘overwhelming hospitality’.
4. Indians can be described to be having a ‘No problem’ mindset and believe that there is a solution to everything.
5. Everybody knows Mr. Big: Name dropping is a common feature of the Indian business culture. Everybody has some amount of access to powerful/ influential people. The access to corridor of power is often cited as a means of showing one’s own influence. 6. Agreements and contracts are not cast in stone, as there is a very high possibility of clauses getting renegotiated, even after being signed. The intent is ultimately more important than content.
7. The Indian way of doing business is relationship based. Indians would prefer to have a good relationship and common trust, before doing business. But once the trust is there, the relationship will last for a long time.
This relationship is a good alternative for going to court, something you would like to avoid since these procedures might take years and years and are very expensive.